My Eight Most Anticipated New Shows | Fall 2018

Hello and welcome back to The nerd shelf!




It's September, the beginning of fall, and that means that all my favorite shows are coming back. It also means that new shows will be premiering and today I'm going to write about the eight new shows that I'm anticipating the most for this fall. When I look for new shows to watch I'm looking for something that grabs my attention, and all of these shows made me stop watching the trailer just 30 seconds in because I was already in. Also, you will notice that none of the shows I'm writing about today is a comedy and that's not because I don't watch them, it's just that I don't get as excited about them. So anyway, in no particular order, let's get into it.


New Amsterdam



So New Amsterdam is a medical drama that is set to premiere on September 25th on NBC. It follows Max Goodwin (Ryan Eggold) as he becomes the medical director of one of the United States' oldest public hospitals, aiming to reform the neglected facility to provide exceptional care to patients.

Now I was already going to watch this no matter what because Jocko Sims is in it and he has become one of my favorite actors over the years and he plays one of my favorite characters in The last ship. So I was already in when I heard that Jocko Sims was in it and then I heard that it was a medical drama and I was hooked. I love Grey's Anatomy, Chicago med, The good doctor, Private practice and Code Black, so I got really excited about it being a medical drama. And then I saw the trailer and holy shit, it was so good. I'm so excited about this show and I can't wait for the premiere.

The trailer for New Amsterdam:


FBI



FBI is a procedural drama about the inner workings of the New York office of the FBI, bringing to bear all the Bureau's skills, intellect and mind-blowing technology to keep New York and the country safe. It's set to premiere September 25th on CBS.

So FBI is created by one of my favorite TV writers Dick Wolf. When I saw that he was apart of this I just had to see it. He has created the Chicago franchise (Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Chicago med) which are some of my favorite shows. And the trailer got me hooked. It's everything I love. It looks like an intense, action-packed show that will tick all my boxes. Plus, I love me a good procedural crime drama. Again, I can't wait for this premiere.

The trailer for FBI:


Legacies



Legacies is a supernatural, fantasy drama that is set to premiere October 25th on the CW. It follows Hope Mikaelson (Danielle Rose Russell) who is descended from some of the most powerful vampire, werewolf and witch bloodlines. Two years after the events of The originals Hope attends the Salvatore School for the young and gifted. The school provides a haven where vampires, werewolves and witches can learn to control their supernatural abilities and impulses.

Julie Plec comes to us with another spinoff that will most likely be a masterpiece. Legacies is a spinoff off of The originals and The vampire diaries and I can't wait to get more of this universe. I loved the previous shows, and during the last season The originals I fell in love with Hope. I actually haven't watched the trailer (if I don't have to I usually don't) because I know that I'm going to watch this show anyways. I'm going to assume that you can jump into this show without having watched the other shows but I would highly recommend watching the other ones before just because they are amazing.

The trailer for Legacies:


A Million Little Things



A million little things is a family drama that is set to premiere on September 26th on ABC. It's about a group of friends, who are intertwined in each other's lives, that realize that they need to start living more when one of them suddenly dies.

When I first read the premise to this show I wasn't really interested, but when I watched the trailer I completely fell for it. For starters, Christina Moses is in it and I love her. She's been in some of my favorite shows (The originals, Containment, Condor) and as soon as I saw her I was in. But it also just seems like a great drama, that puts a lot of emphasis on family. It seems like it's going to talk about real issues that we all deal with and that is extremely intriguing to me. And also, the trailer made me cry so...

The trailer for A million little things:

Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina



Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a supernatural mystery drama that is based on the comic book series of the same name. The show is about Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka) who must reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world the humans inhabit. It's set to be released October 26th on Netflix.

So when I first heard of this show it was supposed to be a companion series to Riverdale. Riverdale is one of my favorite shows and its based on the comic book series Archie and Sabrina is a character from that book. So a lot of fans wanted to see her in Riverdale. But that show isn't really in the supernatural realm and I don't think that they want to go into that either so they went with Netflix instead which I personally think is a great move. I love witches and magic and everything supernatural and with Netflix they can go really dark if they want. I'm extremely excited about this show and I can't wait for the release.

The teaser trailer for Chilling adventures of Sabrina:


Manifest



Manifest is a drama that is set to premiere on September 24th on NBC. The show is about the 191 passengers and crew of flight 828 that land after a turbulent but otherwise routine flight and learns that while only a few hours passed for them, the rest of the world has considered them missing, and presumed dead,  for over five years. As the passengers try to reintegrate themselves into the world, some of them experience strange phenomena, leading them to believe "they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible".

When I saw this trailer I was hooked. I love a good drama, but a drama with a mystery in it, fucking sign me up. I want to know why they were gone from the world for five years, what is the supernatural element here?! And when I saw that Melissa Roxburgh was in it I got even more excited, since I really enjoyed her in Valor. This show looks like a journey that I'm ready to go on.

The trailer for Manifest:


All American


All American is a high school drama that is set to premiere on October 10th on the CW. The show is inspired by pro football player Spencer Paysinger and is about a rising high school football player from South L.A. that is recruited to play for Beverly Hills High. The wins, losses, and struggles of two vastly different families begin to collide.

I love me a good high school drama and if it's a CW show, even better. I've been a fan of Cody Christian since his Pretty little liars days but became more of a fan when he was in Teen wolf so when he announced that he was going to be in this I was sold. When the trailer came out I got even more excited. I mean if Cody Christian made me want to come Taye Diggs made me want to stay. I didn't realize how much I wanted another high school drama. I'm so excited for this show. 

The trailer for All American:


Tell Me A Story



Tell me a story is a psychological thriller that is set to premiere on October 31st on CBS All Access. Tell me a story takes the worlds most beloved fairy tales and reimagines them as a dark and twisted psychological thriller. The show is set in modern-day New York and the first season interweaves The three little pigs, Little red riding hood, and Hansel and Gretel into an epic and subversive tale of love, loss, greed, revenge, and murder. 

This show was one of those shows that I never needed to see the trailer for. I just knew that I would love it because of the cast. I mean I love Danielle Campbell and I've wanted to see her in another show since she left The Originals. And let's not even talk about Paul Weasley. The man is amazing. And then Dania Ramirez who I loved in Heroes and Devious Maids. I could go on and on about this cast but I won't. And the trailer was just so intriguing and so intense. I can't wait.

The trailer for Tell me a story:


So that is my eight most anticipated new shows for this fall. I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe found a new show to be excited for.

/Johanna

Comments