Welcome to The Nerd Shelf

Hello and welcome to The nerd shelf!
My name is Johanna, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Sweden. I have done some youtube videos and my plan was to do new videos on tv shows, books, movies etc. but when I went to film my camera was broken.. So I thought why not start a blog instead?! So here I am writing my first blog post on a blog that will be about entertainment here on out.

A little background about me:
I have watched tv shows/movies and read books since I was young but it wasn't until maybe five or six yers ago were I truly became obsessed with entertainment. I've always loved stories and "the art of storytelling" as I like to call it, but it really became a thing in my life, as I said, five or six years ago.
  When I was a kid me and my sister and our cousins used to watch The O.C. (one of my favorite nostalgic shows) every week. We watched that show from when it premiered until the finale. I've watched Grey's anatomy since it premiered in 2005, which is maybe a little weird since that means that I was 10 years old at the time. But that was one of those shows that my whole family, me, my sister, my mom and dad, would sit and watch every week. When I was around maybe 13 or 14 years old I started to read like crazy, I would read every day on the bus to school and wouldn't stop until the first class of the day would start. A couple years ago I worked at a place where I didn't really want to hang out with my coworkers on our breaks so I would just read instead as I ate my breakfast/lunch. I would go through a huge book in under a week.
  I've always wanted to be in the entertainment industry, but when I was younger I was solely focused on music (which I still love) and now when I'm older I would love to be an actress or somehow involved in the tv/movie business.

I have become that person in my friend group that everyone turns to when they want a new tv show to watch, or book to read, or a movie recommendation. And I love it. I have a very varied taste, I love everything from Family guy to Grey's anatomy to Teen wolf to any Marvel show to Big little lies to Preacher to Chicago fire to Game of thrones etc. I just love storytelling.

So why The nerd shelf?
When I was trying to come up with a name for this blog The nerd shelf just felt right. I have a pretty huge bookshelf in my apartment with all my books, tv shows and movies. One day one of my best friends, Azra, was at my place and she was looking at my shelf. She was taking a picture of my Harry Potter books to send to someone and she just said "I'm going to call this the nerd shelf". And I thought it was really funny and very accurate. So it stuck with me and now here were are.

So here I am, with this blog and my first post almost done. And I feel extremely excited to have an outlet to write about what I love, cause although I love my friends and family, I think they're not as excited to talk about this stuff as I am.
So until next time, when I will write about a show (I haven't decided on which one yet), have a great day!

/Johanna

Comments